It’s Friiiiiday! Admittedly I’m a little unsure how we got here. This week went by unbelievably fast, yet again. Despite the long hours and running around, a few fun things happened amongst all the work and I woke up today feeling pretty balanced. Here’s what my week looked like:
- Got back into running… sort of. I love working out but kind of despise running. I know how good it is for me, so I’ve been forcing myself to do a little each time I got to the gym. I start my work out with 20 minutes of cardio intervals on the stairmaster, 30 or so minutes of weights, and finish up with a 5 minute fast paced run on the treadmill. The plan is to increase that each week so that come May I can join Brandon for some long runs in Central and Prospect Park!
- Got back into eggs for breakfast. I fair so much better throughout the day if I start things off with a protein rich breakfast.
- Watched Pitch Perfect. Seriously, hooow did I wait so long to watch this film? I was little laughing so hard my face hurt and I may or may not have watch several singing scenes more than once…
- Finally caved and ordered some fancy eye cream- Estée Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair for Eyes. It feel so ironic that I bought it because I remember growing up, my Grandma would always give me all the free samples from her Estée Lauder purchases. The makeup pouches always contained a small brown bottle- the Advanced Night Repair, which I always tossed. Now I get why people use those things!
- Am in the market for a new dry shampoo and loved this roundup from the Glitter Guide. Have you guys used the Oscar Blandi one? I’m thinking of trying that one…
- Was blown away by this Banh Mi recipe from Tracey- I had no ideas these sandwiches were so easy to make at home! This recipe is on my to make list for this weekend.
- Am love with this spring nail art tutorial from Freutcake. Mine definitely would not look as good, but perhaps worth asking for at my next manicure?
- And lastly- am headed to Ikea this weekend for some balcony furniture! Despite the face that we’ve lived in our apartment for almost two years and have two sizable balconies- we haven’t put any furniture out there. I’m thinking these deck chairs and a little table to go in between, so we can lounge (city style), on the weekends. I’m also in the market for some new frames to finally get all our pictures up.
Hope you all have a fun and relaxing weekend, filled with lots of yummy eats. I think we’re going to hit up Smorgasburg too, it’s finally back! xx