Happy Saturday! A few weeks back I posted about a handful of happy purchases I just made, everything from cook books to an ice cream maker. But the item that got the most attention was the Clarisonic Mia. Many of you asked me to share about my experience with it, and now that I’ve started using the cleanser, I thought I’d provide my feedback. I was hesitant about getting a Clarisonic. It seemed like one of those things that had only extreme reviews- either really good, or really bad. But so far, so good! Here are the details:
- One of the biggest complaints I heard was that when you first start using the tool it can really irritate your skin, making you break out. That side effect seemed really frustrating, since wasn’t the machine supposed to do the opposite? Luckily I haven’t experienced anything like that so far (which is surprising, since I have pretty sensitive/oily skin), but I think the reaction kind of makes sense and I would have been fine had it happened. To me it’s like getting a facial- it cleans your skin really deeply but exposes everything at the same time, so it takes your skin a few days to work itself out.
- Though my skin seems to be taking to Clarisonic well, I only use it once a day- even though it says you can use it twice. I like using it at night before I go to bed.
- The Clarisonic comes with its own brand of face wash. I didn’t want to have to continually use and purchase their face wash so I asked around to see if other cleansers work. The consensus was yes, and so far my Bioré daily scrub is great with it.
- I’m a pretty dedicated face washer. No matter how tired I am, I can’t go to sleep without a freshly scrubbed face (and teeth!). The Clarisonic makes it so much easier though. It’s far less work to turn on this little thing that cleans your face for you. Plus it has a timer, so you know exactly when to stop. Done and done!
- I truly feel like this little thing can clean my face about a million times better than I can. The soft magical brush just glides over your skin, evenly cleaning all areas and applying just enough pressure to get rid of the grime without harming your skin. My skin already feels smoother and my complexion more balanced after using it a handful of times.
So there you have it! Needless to say I love this thing. I believe I hit all the high points, but if you have a specific question feel free to leave a note in the comments or email me. Hope you’re have a wonderful Saturday! xx