I’m thrilled to kick off another new, and oh so summery series today! We’ve rounded up a fabulous group of stylish, fun, and food saavy women, and asked them to share their favorite restaurant, food, beverage, and activity for their respective cities. We’ve got a handful of New York bloggers lined up, as well as ones from San Fran, Austin, Seattle, Chicago, and beyond that we’ll be featuring across the summer!
We’re kicking it off today with the lovely Sarah Lederman of Chevrons and Stripes. An NYC native, here are Sarah’s top picks for a stellar NYC summer:
1. Favorite restaurant? In the summer, definitely Blue Ribbon Bakery on Downing Street. They don’t take reservations, which in a way takes the pressure off of figuring things out ahead of time. I always go prepared to wait but love sitting at the bar with a cheese plate if I know it’s going to be a while. It’s delicious all-American food, and their simple grilled lobster with corn on the cob is what summer dining is all about!
2. Favorite savory dish? We love to make our own variation of La Esquina’s mexican grilled corn.
3. Favorite sweet? I spend almost every weekend during the summer on the east end of Long Island. For us, dessert out there consists of either Levain (a real indulgence) or Tates cookies, two great local treats.
4. Drink of choice? Pretty sure you can’t go wrong with a chilled glass of rosé.
5. Favorite NYC summer activity? Twilight strolls after dinner – preferably in the West Village. The sky turns an amazing color and everything seems so peaceful (which is rare in this crazy city).
We know that you recently started interior design school. Can you share a summer decorating tip/ favorite summer product/ color scheme for the summer? I actually just put together a post for Domestikated Life on my absolute favorite, must-have summer entertaining essentials. Click on through to check it out!
Thanks, Sarah! For more style and design tips be sure to check our Sarah’s darling blog. In the mean time, we’re gonna go whip up some of that Mexican corn- yum!