Woo.. October has been a month! I thought September was busy… boy was a wrong. It’s left a left a little less time for blogging, but my instagram feed is where you can find a sneak peak into my day to day. Here’s what’s been going on lately….
1. Lunching on the go. Specifically at Le Pain Quotidien. I often find myself in between meetings or out of the apartment during lunch, and I love snagging a spot at Le Pain. They have amazing wifi, and really fueling meal options- this is their warm goat cheese salad with arugula and pears pictured above, but I also love their soups and quiches. I hunker down at one of the big communal tables and knock out a few hours of work.
2. The other night I was cleaning out my jewelry box and had to snap a pic of all my Tiffany’s jewelry. Isn’t this stuff such a throwback? Clearly not worn very much given how tarnished it is. But all of the pieces are from my mom and grandmother… so I really can’t part with them. Anyone else have that heart necklace?
3. A sneak peak at the look of my new brand/site! It has been so exciting to see it all come together, I really can’t wait for you to see it. We’re set to go live in mid November!
4. Central Park. Brandon and I took a quick walk here on Sunday after a visit to The Frick Collection (a must see museum if you’re traveling to New York). Aren’t those trees incredible? It astounds me every time. And to have it all nestled within Manhattan- I never tire of that.
5. Dinners! I have been on a roast chicken kick. Here’s what you see above: half a chicken, rubbed in a little butter butter and covered liberally in sea salt and pepper, and roasted at 350° for about an hour and five minutes (the chicken was 1.5 pounds). In the top left is a dish of egg noodles, tossed with some greek yogurt, sea salt, and pepper once cooked. And finally some Red Oak lettuce from the farmer’s market- tossed with a homemade red wine vinaigrette. This is how we eat.
6. Oh Everlane… I cannot say enough good things about your silk blouses, or your perfect tees. The blouses instantly make me feel pulled together, and the tees are my favorite thing to wear underneath a navy blazer.