Morning, friends! How was your week? Normally I lack so much energy and enthusiasm when confronting the post vacation slump, but this time around I actually was excited to return to work. I take that as a sign of a good (and much needed!) break. It truly was a break, though. I stepped away from the blog for longer than I have in months, did barely anything on social media, and hardly looked at my phone. I really need to do that more often- especially the phone part. It can wreak such havoc on our lives and I swear my eyesight was better after a few days of not staring at it all the time! Eek that’s actually a little frightening.
Aside from getting back to work, here’s what else went down this week:
- Thanks to Grace, I was introduced to the brand Cuyana a few weeks back. This week I discovered their gorgeous saddle bag in dulce de leche. Is this not the most gorgeous bag? Also, name a bag color dulce de leche and I will love you forever.
- A few weeks back I put together a few Snap Guides for Real Simple all focused on fun hot dog recipes for summer. Grill up a bunch of dogs and then check out how to whip up a Banh Mi dog, a peach salsa dog, and a BBQ bacon and cheddar dog!
- Tomorrow we leave for the beach and I’m in need of a good facial sunscreen. Do you guys have any recs? My go to is always Neutrogena, but is there a better brand?
- Stumbled upon Nine Space this week- a gorgeous home brand. Aren’t their robes dreamy? I love this knee length one in jersey knit- it’s on sale, too!
- Has anyone read Daring Greatly? It’s up there on my must read list, but would love some personal feedback if you have it. Ps: if you’re looking for a new book, I just inhaled What Remains- such an intoxicating read.
- If you’re in the city this coming Monday, you should definitely check out the event “Women and Media” event hosted by Bauble Bar and Verily Magazine from 6:30-8:30 pm in the Bauble Bar Pop Up Shop. I’d be there if I were in town! Hear from some incredible speakers, sip some Godiva Spirits, and meet the ladies behind Verily mag. I met them and they’re truly amazing! You can RSVP here.
- Have you guys been cooking up a storm this summer? I’ve been really into panzanella salads, simple pasta dishes, homemade gin cocktails, and berry themed desserts.
What are you guys up to this weekend? We’re off to Portland, so I’ll definitely be putting all your recommendations to good use. Have a good one! xx