It’s been an unexpectedly good week. I started implementing a new method for approaching my work day which has dramatically decreased my anxiety levels. I’ll be telling you guys all about that on the next Biz Notes post- next Wednesday. I kicked off my weekend slightly early last night with a visit to the Journelle store in Union Square for the Sweet & Shower event with Kris Schoels and Bauble Bar, followed by a late taco and margarita dinner downtown. So delicious! Here’s what else went down this week:
- Sugarfina, the online candy boutique, was also at the event last night. I’ve been coveting their packaging and sweet designs for a while and was so excited to finally try their candy. The champagne gummy bears? Out of this world. My mind is overflowing with all the fun events and gifts you could create with their products.
- I’ve been cooking a lot these past few days, which always puts me in a good mood. For a recent dinner I made Tracy’s Banh Mi and oh my god was it good. We were literally oohing and aahing throughout the entire meal. I never thought I’d be able to make these Vietnamese sandwiches at home, but it’s totally doable!
- I’ve been particularly smitten with Elephantine as of late. Rachel’s weekly flower posts and reading guides just make my heart happy.
- I’m prepping for a massive closet cleaning this weekend. You know that thing people say- that you only wear 20% or so of the clothing you own? Well I’m ready to really clean house. I’m shooting to get rid of half of my wardrobe. Yep! Perhaps I should do a post on that?
- Lauren made bacon jam- nuff said. Oh- and she made shrimp version of the banh mi sandwich if pork is not your thing!
- Loving this guide from the Glitter Guide on how to clean your makeup brushes- mine are really in need of a deep clean.
- Brandon and I talked about moving this fall when our lease is up but we’ve decided to stay in our cozy spot in Williamsburg. Even though we’ve got a fair amount of stuff on the walls I feel like there is still so much we could do. I’m hoping to finally hang some frames and pieces that have been sitting in drawers since we moved in (almost 2 years ago!). Why does decorating take so long??
- Since this iced coffee post was such a hit laster year, I’ve been dreaming up a new iced caffeinated beverage to share this year. Recipe to come soon on that one…
Time to tackle the remaining work tasks of the week so I can relish in a few days off. Here’s to a wonderful weekend! xx
Ps: That buttermilk apple bread above? Must make!